Pages

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Minimize or Close Windows Live Messenger to system tray on Windows 7




When I boot up my Windows 7 PC Windows Live Messenger also start up, It's good help me to keep in touch with my friends; but sometimes I have to work offline and need to open a lot of windows and minimize those applications in the taskbar.Windows Live Messenger auto starts up and minimizes into taskbar with two taskbar buttons, and I found a solution for this.
How to minimize:


  • Open foldeC:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger on Windows 7 32 bit (x86) and C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger on Windows 7 64 (x64) edition.
  • Right click on msnmsgr.exe and go to Compatibility tab & check Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows Vista/Windows Vista (Service Pack 1)/Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)

2 comments:

  1. It requires another application right; need to run that at startup
    by changing properties its very easy!!

    Thanks for the comment

    ReplyDelete

techthesaurus on Facebook